To all members of the Waiheke RSA
As you’re all aware, the COVID-19 situation is evolving rapidly across the globe.
The guidance below is based on current Government advice and is subject to change at short notice.
Essential advice to all members:
- We will keep the club open as long as we possibly can for you as a member to attend but will follow government lead guidelines.
- We have put in place measures to maintain a sterile environment and will continue to update these systems as needed.
- We are a friendly bunch at Club but now is the time to stop physical contact such as hugs and handshakes and find new ways to greet each other.
- Please be aware that some may require a larger amount of personal space than normal, don’t be offended and try to respect others wishes.
- If you are over 70 years of age the Government is asking for you to stay at home, this will mean many being isolated, we are discussing with other support services and developing systems of how we can help you.
- If you are feeling unwell at all, please do not come to the club, but if you need help please and don’t know where to find it, call the club for assistance – 09 3729019 ext 6
- If you have a medical condition that makes you vulnerable to respiratory illnesses please consider taking a ‘time out’ from the Club.
- Personal and general hygiene practices are of absolute importance. Please be thorough in the basics of hygiene.
- The Committee is meeting regularly and is reviewing the situation daily and will keep you updated via email as much as possible.
- If you are living with anyone who is self-isolating, we ask that you refrain from attending club activities for the duration of the self-isolation period.
- We will be closing on Monday’s to allow for staffing levels to be maintained.
- The Kitchen will operate under a reduced menu and will change as is needed.
- The Kitchen will also be isolated within the club, all restaurant meal orders will be done from the bar.
- ANZAC Day/ Poppy Day Collections – as you may know all ANZAC day public services have been cancelled.
The wellbeing of our members and staff is our highest priority. As you would expect we will continue to actively monitor the Covid-19 and Ministry of Heath websites and keep you updated with any developments and changes to the club.
More information and resources to help us get through Covid-19 can be found on the Ministry of Health’s website: www.covid19.govt.nz.
If you have any questions about any of the advice above or other Covid-19 related matters please don’t hesitate to call, please be aware that the offices are not manned during the weekends.
From the RSA Management team and Executive Committee
Ngā mihi nui,